I missed the deadline for the last Reedsy writing contest due to the flu but this week is inspired by Earth Day. I wonder if the type of writing that I do would be considered in a contest of this origin?
- Set your story in the woods or on a campground.
- Write about a character who loves cloud gazing.
- Start or end your story with a person buying a house plant
- Write about a trip to see a natural siht that’s usually only ever seen in photos.
- Write a story involving a friendship between two different species.
When stories are dedicated to Earth Day, would the judges only be inclined to review stories that restore the Earth and inspire others to change the Earth?
Is it acceptable to write within your own genre?
Would your story be considered in this contest?
Let me know what you think in the comments. Short stories are a great way to expand on witing abilities and if stuck in the currrent story you are working on, it’s a great way to rechannel yoursef.
Which prompt would you choose?
What would be your inspiration for your story?
Let’s continue the conversation. I want to know what you have to say.